How to choose the best sheets for you
The sheets are not all the same.
Normally when we choose the sheets we are attracted by particular colors or fantasies, but what determines the quality of a complete sheet is not only the appearance, it is important to look also at the substance, behind the creation of a complete sheet, does not seem but, there is a complex world.
Soft & Soft pays particular attention to the choice of home linens and bed linen in general, double sheets, single sheets, one and a half sheets, sheets for a 140 cm French bed, up to oversize and king beds; to offer its customers a vast range of products, from the first prices to the most valuable sheets, guaranteeing the consumer excellent products with a high quality / price ratio. In addition to the sheets of the most prestigious Italian brands, we have also created a line of products from our Brand Soft & Soft, specially selected for the high quality standards in relation to their cost.
We do not always need top-of-the-line sheets, for certain situations even medium-sized products are fine.
Let's start with the canvases to make the sheets:
The Cotons: fresh and hygienic throughout the year can be washed even at fairly high temperatures without problems:
• Standard cotton canvas (slightly rough and withdrawn enough to wash, can be recognized by the slightly sparse weave, is easily rubbed and is more difficult to iron, over time it tends to pile)
• Cotton canvas more beaten (canvas smooth to the touch, withdrew to normal washing, fairly thick weave, easier to treat, being fairly compact, the prints and colors of these sheets remain beautiful)
• Cotton percale (a type of high-quality fabric made with many thin threads per cm², very smooth the prints on this canvas are more defined, not too washed, remains unchanged over time)
• Cotton Satin (The satins are the most valuable fabrics for excellence in sheets, a very smooth and soft fabric made with high quality yarns starting from the best cottons, similar to silk, they remain soft and smooth over time, the prints are very sharp because they offer a smooth and compact base, they are very easy to treat because they practically iron on their own)
• 40-strand high-quality cotton satin product (The satins are the finest fabrics for excellence in sheets, a very smooth and soft fabric made with high quality yarns starting from the best cottons, similar to silk, remain soft and smooth over time , the prints are very sharp because they offer a smooth and compact base, they are very easy to handle because they practically iron on their own, resting between sheets of cotton satin makes the difference, it is obvious, they are a bit more expensive but it is always worth it the penalty)
• 60-strand Satin Cotton, is the top of the range, similar to silk, soft and smooth, incomparable (The satins are the most valuable fabrics for excellence in sheets, a very smooth and soft fabric made with high quality yarns starting from the best cottons , remain soft and smooth over time, the prints are very sharp because they offer a smooth and compact base, they are very easy to handle because they practically iron on their own, so much quality costs, in fact these complete sheets have a higher price, but considering that a complete sheets of this type can last safely 20 years, choose these products means to rest wonderfully for a long time.)
• Linen mixed linen (generally 50% linen and 50% cotton) are excellent fabrics for sheets, they are both very fine and thicker due to the choice of very soft products, and perfect for the summer season, but the admirers also use them all the year)
• 100% pure linen fabric: Fine fabrics for both sheets and duvet covers
The new synthetic canvases: In recent years canvases in mixed polyester or entirely in polyester (microfibre) are used to make sheets.
• Tele colon / polyester (70% cotton 30% polyester) if they are fabrics made to the touch, they look like excellent cottons, and maintain the characteristics of freshness and hygiene of the cotton combined with the ease of ironing and the lower tendency to wrinkle the polyester.
• Tele 100% polyester - microfibre are completely different from cotton, but do not stretch, rather grayling high temperatures
• 100% polyester satin, shiny sheets very similar to silk to the touch, but much more electrostatic
The Prints: there is a noticeable difference between digital and non-digital prints. Digital prints are very sharp and defined, I can make shades of colors unimaginable with normal prints, the same digitally printed floral sheet or with the traditional print shows considerable differences; in addition, the placed prints (eg centered on the pillowcase or on the bed surface) are much more valuable than the continuous prints. Do not underestimate the non-toxicity of the prints, the printed sheets in Italy must comply with regulations to protect the consumer's health, particularly rigid, and therefore are guaranteed non-toxic, while in other countries of the world there is less attention to these things.
Measurements: the beds are not all the same, eg the mattresses for a standard double bed are 160x190 cm, but are available in all sizes up to a size of 200x220 cm, and clearly have different needs. Soft & Soft has selected a series of sheets that also cover special sized beds. The bigger the sheets are, the more fabric you need and the more they cost, but before making the purchase it is better to know the dimensions of your mattress, so as to always dress your bed at its best. How many times have we bought a sheet that once washed no longer enters the mattress?
The packaging of the sheets: a complete set of sheets can be made in many ways, from the simplest packages to the most beautiful and laborious ones (ex: normal pillowcases, with or without patella, pillowcases with two shuttlecocks, pillowcases with three shuttlecocks, pillowcases) with 4 flywheels, pillowcases with reported edges etc.) length of the stitches; laser cutting fabric or tear etc.
You can not expect a person not of the trade to be able to recognize all this when buying sheets, for this Soft & Soft offers you a selection of the best bed linen so that you can easily choose the sheet best suited to your needs.